Go to Another Country via SSR
I’m currently in China with GFW (google it~), so I’m fully “protected” by Chinese Goverment <- Thanks very much!
But I still need Google to do something really bad, or for all my Aussie friends, you may need it for US Netflix… :)
This is the list about what you will need to prepare:
- US VPS (Virtual Private Server): e.g. Azure, AWS or other cloud service provider (whichever stable and cheap)
- A Linux image (I’m using Centos, but others are fine as we only use Docker)
- Docker Image:
- SSR client
- Windows: Download Here
- MAC: To be finished
- Router: ASUS AC86U (recommand) To be finished
I’ll assume that you have already ssh into the server you created in US.
- Install Docker as root
- Enable service
- Pull docker image
- Or build your own by using this Dockerfile
- Run the image with your own config
- Configure your firewall rule in cloud to enable the port for your VPS to public via External IP: Do this in web console… Allow your port is accessible.
- Configure your local client (Windows): mine is in Japan as it’s the fastest node for me right now, you can put your US IP.
- Configure your local client (MAC)
- Configure your local client (Router)
- Check your current IP here
- Enable your client (Windows)
- Check your IP again now
Will update MAC Client tomorrow…
Router… will be the last one as it needs more changes… and I’m 100% sure you will LOSE your warranty for your $200 device, so double think before doing it.